Thursday, June 2, 2016

Finding the right FIT - for Beginners and Start Ups

Over the years I have tried numerous workout videos to aide in my attempts at staying in shape as I desire to take care of this temple that the Lord has given me. Unintentionally I have created my own extensive workout DVD library! Whether I'm in the mood for strengthening my Core or simply getting in some cardio for the day, I have a fitness video for the occasion.

As to be expected, there are certain videos that are my absolute favorites based on my workout mood.

The very first set of workout videos that I became accustomed to in early 2000 was Leslie Samsone's Walk Away the Pounds (WATP) workout system. Leslie guides the viewer through a low to medium impact cardiovascular routine using walking in place as the foundation for the workout. The routines are typically setup in 1-mile increments to encourage you as you walk and enable you to see the distance that you're able to walk throughout the routine. She has developed her workouts beyond walking to include jogging in place to increase the level of cardio.

Year after year in my fitness journey I have returned to these WATP DVDs to establish a workout regime. WATP routines are ideal for people that have never worked out and want to establish a routine that they can do 5-6 times a week, those that have not exercised in a long time, or for those that may have had an injury and want to get moving again. The low to medium impact nature of these routines fit an array of people depending on your workout goals.

If the season outside does not afford you the opportunity to get out and walk, check out Leslie's DVDs. I assure that you will get hooked and may be motivated to challenge yourself beyond walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment