Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Lord Has Done Great Things for Us

Several years ago I attended a conference and the theme of the lesson that was taught centered on Psalm 126. In this particular Psalm, the author reflects over what God has done for him after returning from the Babylonian captivity. He looks back to that event and expresses how God's providence worked in history to bring Israel back to the land of the fathers.

While I do not remember every detail of the lesson, there is one recurring statement from the Psalm that was repeated throughout the conference weekend that has always stayed with me.

The Lord Has Done Great Things for Us

Seven years ago, after becoming a Mother for a 2nd time I was pretty sure of myself that I was done with having any more children. My husband and I had always said we’d have 2 kids and I had this personal desire of being done before the age of 30. The one hold out in my heart in regards to growing our family was a son. And, not just any son. The son that I seemed to pine away for in my heart also had a name. As I found out that I was pregnant each time with my girls, I wondered with each pregnancy if the son that my heart knew by name was the child that God was introducing in our lives.

Over the years as we watched our two sweet girls grow and we became comfortable as a family of 4, my heart continued to swell with each passing year with a desire yet again for this son. And, as God brought us to a place that I could come home and be with my children, He also gave us the gift of a son.

Leon Augustus Jordan, III (affectionately known as Trey) entered our lives on Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 5:00 a.m. at 7 lbs., 13 oz.

While the Psalm 126 author reflected on God’s provision, I too reflect and am full of what God has done and continues to do in our lives as seek to honor God in all that we do.

Yes, the Lord HAS done great things for us…and, we are filled with joy.

Meet Trey =)
 
Proud Dad.
 
Snug As a Bug in a Rug.
 
Looking like a Big Boy.
 

3 comments:

  1. Okay looking at the last photo of him close up.... he DOES look just like Love!!!! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Lorra! He is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete