Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Fun at the Fair

We ventured out to a couple fairs to kick off the Fall Season this year.

This particular fair was the OctoberFest at the Fort Belvoir military base the Friday night before I went into labor. I have a feeling that the long walk from my cousin's house to the fairgrounds had a little something to do with my contractions starting Sunday night.

The kids had a blast.  They had a host of thrill rides that the girls and their cousins couldn't get enough of. They would go from one ride to the next, sometimes riding the same ride over and over again.

I remember as a child enjoying thrill rides, but I must be getting old because when I ride them now I get headaches!


Lea is our courageous thrill rider. She wanted to go on the biggest and most death defying rides. I'm not sure where she gets her adventurous spirit from. 

 
 
You know you're getting old when you go to an amusement park or fair and you race behind your own kids trying to keep up only to watch them on all the rides as opposed to riding them yourself. Now I have an appreciation for all the time that my parents took me and my siblings out and chased behind us.
 
 
Here's to getting old(er)... 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment