Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Be Changed by Women of the Bible

I just love, love the next Francine Rivers book that I’m reading.

I say that about every book review that I post on here, don’t I? Well, it’s the truth. The book is good.
It’s entitled, “A Lineage of Grace: Five Stories of Unlikely Women Who Changed Eternity”. When I initially happened upon the series, I found a few of the individual hard back books in the library that told the stories of these women individually. Later, I realized that Rivers combined these separate stories into one beautifully bound book.

What’s so lovely about this book is the way in which she brings to life the stories of prominent women that are familiar to the average person that have heard or read the stories of Ruth, Tamar, Rahab, Bathsheba, and Mary. She takes some liberties with each story to draw the reader into what could have been going through these ladies minds and within the lives of those that impacted them.

Rivers is very good at telling stories and in this case, re-telling stories from the Bible. What I most appreciate is going back to the Bible itself after I've read her re-telling of these stories. As she highlights details from the stories, I realize that there are portions from the Bible story itself that I didn't even realize was there all because I had glossed over it. Her writing allows a reader to reflect on God’s Word with highlights of her imagination surrounding the characters of that day. Once she grabs you with her writing, she doesn't let go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment