Thursday, May 22, 2014

Leaning on Helpful Hands

I made use of another great resource to augment our homeshooling curriculum the other day... my Daddy!!!

The girls did a unit together in Science on electricity, learning the parts of a circuit, the things that conduct electricity, and insulators of electricity. With this unit, I wanted them to be able to visualize the elements of an electrical circuit. When we got down to talking about electrons, it was challenging to help them understand what an electron is given the fact that you can't see it.

I called on the electrical Calvary for this one in my sweet Daddy. He took the kids Science textbook and rigged this up! How fantastic is that?!?!

Yes, I could've tried to do this demonstration myself, but I didn't want to risk electrocuting myself like I did as a child when I stuck my finger in a lightbulb socket. I know there isn't enough current in a battery to induct a shock, but if there was a way to induce a shock with a battery, I'm sure I would've found a way!


Here is yet again, another sweet blessing of homeschooling. Being able to lean on family through our year of homeschooling has enhanced our experience immensely!

Thank you Daddy for your helping hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment