Friday, October 24, 2014

It's Good To Be Useful

This new thing called knitting has sort of gotten me all in knots. Before knitting if someone asked me if I had a hobby, I'd say "reading". There was nothing more enjoyable to me when I had spare time than to curl up with a good book. Now, I have something else that curls me up. Yarn!

It's the neatest thing to take a simple ball of yarn and turn it into something useful. I think that is what amazes me about the ability to follow a pattern and create something. I can actually make use of it. To create something that you would otherwise purchase from a store excites me! Here's a look at my projects thus far.


My first project was this basket weaved blue scarf and then came the hats!
This hat is for my 8 yr old, "Rainbow" 
 
My First Hat - The Hubby
My Second Hat - Pinkie


My I'm Now on a Roll... Hat for my 10 yr old
After making my first hat with my first pattern that I learned to read, I started making one hat after another. I'm trying my hand at slippers now...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment