Thursday, May 26, 2016

Meal Preparation - An Update

Sesame Chicken with Cabbage and Cauliflower Rice
Fast forward to several months after writing this blog about planning my family's meals, someone out in blog land may find utility in our most recent meal planning system.

Since that latest blog, our family has been extensively using the Cook Smarts Program, which you can learn more about here. For an affordable price, we've been reaping the benefits of having our grocery list generated for us each week after I make time on Saturday to select which meals we're going prepare Monday - Thursday.

If I don't find a particular meal that I think that my family will enjoy, I will either search the "archives" on Cook Smarts and select a meal or I'll find one from our favorite cookbook, "The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Dinnertime".   In it, Ree Drummond provides step-by-step instructions, with pictures, for even a beginner cook to make a tasty meal for their family.

These two resources have not only make meal preparation more simplified, they have also spiced up the family cuisine at our dinner table. The picture above is one of my all time favorite meals that we've prepared thus far using Cook Smarts. This dish was sweet, spicy, and ingenuous! Rice made out of cauliflower. I would have never of thought of that on my own.  Here's one of the reasons that our family continues to make use of Cook Smarts as it jazzes up our dinner table and challenges us to try something new. We all still can't wait for dinner time!

No comments:

Post a Comment