Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Letting God Rebuild You

Keep Going
In the past few months I have been motivated by way of my exercise accountability group to push beyond my walk-a-little, jog-a-little routine into a full up nonstop-jog routine. All it took was for me to see the possibility from the ladies in the group who chose to push themselves from walking to jogging to be convinced that if they could do it, so could I.

Just to set the record straight, I do not have the reputation of being a runner. Since I was in high school I've had the desire to be able to run a mile nonstop without being completely exhausted when I've completed, but for years I've struggled with my legs annoying me and my mind repeating the phrase, "stop, stop, stop", each time that I've attempted to run a long distance.

Surprisingly, what I have learned through my weekly circuit training routines where I concentrate on strengthening my legs, arm, and back muscles, is the more that I strengthen these muscles the greater the endurance I have to do more challenging levels of fitness.

It was a sweet day when I ran my first mile without stopping and I not only did I have the energy to keep running beyond a mile, my legs felt strong and stable and my mind was clear, keeping me motivated to keep running.

As I was out for a two mile run this week I pondered over how God will do a rebuilding in our lives after we've been tested and tried in this life. When we allow Him to teach, train, and test us, without fighting back, without giving up, we too will find that on the other end of the long mile(s), we have been rebuilt. As we're rebuilt, our mind has a deeper level of wisdom than ever before from His Word that has reshaped our thoughts, our emotions are more tender and receptive to God's compassion even in the midst of painful trials, and our spirit is renewed to keep on living, learning, and leaning on the Lord for the next mile that we'll face.

Oh, I pray that as Christians we will submit to God's Sovereign Hand in our life as He rebuilds us into who He wants us to be for Him.

As I ponder over God's Hand in rebuilding my life, though it required sacrifice, pain, and disappointments, I'm filled with joy to know that the suffering wasn't in vain. Just as momentary pain in fitness results in more refined and toned muscles, the sting of a trial can be an opportunity for the Lord's glory and our rebuilding for an eternal gain.

When God allows His children to endure suffocating pressures, our cry to Him can be made with confidence that the trials He sends secure our growth. -- John MacArthur 

No comments:

Post a Comment