Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Its Official

Summer is in full gear in these here parts!
 
After a week of doing much of nothing after the kid's test week, it was actually nice to get back into a routine with our "summer curriculum". During the do nothing week, the kids were sort of ... well... bored.
 
I think I just have abnormal kids. They like activity, action, movement, something "to do". Ok, maybe they are "normal".

Our first week doing our "summer curriculum", while I didn't schedule a regular 4-5 hour day of homeschool instruction, we did an array of learning activities. They did some typical things like, spelling and handwriting, and more active things that included Math games and Science experiments.
 
Here, they were "activating" some yeast with sugar and water. 



I hear all you nay sayers out there, "Let the kids enjoy their summer doing nothing and camping out in front of the tube". No, no, no... not in these parts.

On the days when we want to just get out, we'll camp out at the pool. Here's my little guy testing out the water at the pool.

 



And, here go my two little fish!

Summer, we welcome you.



No comments:

Post a Comment