Saturday, March 7, 2015

THE GREAT ESCAPE

We made an escape away from home Friday morning, in the wee hours of the day to voyage to our beloved Kauai. We were scheduled to leave out on Wednesday, but our flight was cancelled because of the expected inclement weather. We watched 8 inches of snow fall down, wondering if we'd ever get out and be able to make it to the airport.

Hubby getting our Get Away Car Ready
Once we reached the airport, we found more snow and an airport full of people. The flight scheduled to leave before our flight had been delayed and concern started to lull in our thoughts if our flight would even be able to take off.

Airport Parking Lot
We were thankful that our flight was given the green light and after 3 flights across the United States and the Pacific, we reached our beloved Kauai.



The island of Kauai holds a very special place in my family's hearts. My husband and I were blessed to celebrate our 10th anniversary on the island back in 2010. I was in tears after that first trip as we packed to prepare to come home. Not because I didn't want to get back to my family which consisted then of our two daughters. I was so emotional over experiencing the beauty of the island, the memories that had been made there, and wanting more of my family to experience the same.

Two years later we were blessed to return with our daughters, and then a third time with my in-laws and the kids again (with Trey in tow growing in my belly). On this fourth trip it's sweet to see my little man here in the flesh, putting his feet in the sand for the first time, and seeing my big girls still having the desire to frolic in the waves just as they did when they were still my littles.






No comments:

Post a Comment