Monday, March 16, 2015

Wild at Heart

The trip wouldn't have been a vacation without a book to read, but I didn't pack one for the trip. I was happy with glee when we checked into our resort and caught a glimpse of the little library by the pool.

I grabbed this one.


This read went a long way at describing the heart of a man. It gave me an appreciation for the natural tendencies of a man's heart for adventure, seeking after the thrill of a victory, and the desire to be his wife's champion, rescuer, and protector. The author makes the reader comfortable with the notion of a "man's man". Yes, men can have a soft side that is comfortable with showing emotions, but God created men with a distinct difference from a woman and every man should live in this place of being himself.

I was encouraged through this book to appreciate what makes my husband the man that he is. An outdoorsman, a lover of sports, and a valiant protector and provider for his family.

The next time that I'm tempted to whine while the hubby heads for another round of basketball or to head up a tree to hunt out another deer, I'll consider the wildness within his heart and be at peace that its this God given difference in him that makes him the man that has courageously stolen my heart, protects my family, and seeks to honor the God that created him just the way he is. Considering all this, I wouldn't change a thing about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment