Thursday, March 6, 2014

5 Reasons...

Almost 8 years ago, my husband got the bright idea that we should take up skiing. My husband has a comical side, so I thought this was one of those moments. Well, he wasn't kidding. I'm married to a very adventurous man and I've mustered up the courage on several occasions to try out one of his daring sports. I decided to put on my big girl pants and took the slopes, only to cry the whole way down the bunny slope on my first attempt at skiing (my hubby was an instant natural mind you). As I was gearing up to release myself from my skis, my husband gave me that, I know you're not about to give up look and challenged me get back on the lift and try again.

Eight years later and I'd like to share with you...

5 Reasons You Should Seriously Consider Taking Up One of Your Husband’s Sports

1)      The location of this sport may take you places that may take your breath away.
 


At the top of a Slope at Massanutten - 2012
I’m sorry if your husband’s favorite sport is basketball and you end up in a smelly locker room.

2)      He may decide one day that everyone gets to skip school so that you can take part in this sport that he loves so dear.
 
Love spending a school day on the slopes
 

3)     You just might lose a few of those pesky pounds you’ve been trying to hard to lose all the while having fun doing the sport.

4)      He may buy you some new gear and you just may look cute in it
 
 



Check out that head band - 2012



You have my sympathies if your hubby loves to swim and putting on a bathing suit isn’t at the top of the list of things that you like to get dressed in

5)      No matter how unappealing his sport may seem to you, if you give it a try you just may end up making a few memories that you can look back on after the kids are all grown that will make you smile
 
Memories we've made over the years...



Headband...I know, not cute. I didn't want to flatten my hair with a hat (2009)


2009
 
2010

Rough Riding SnowBoarders (2010)



2011


Love & Lea in Slope Sliders (2011)


Lea's first Ski Class - Age 5 (2011)



2012


2012




2012


2014



2014


 

 
If you take my advice and it all doesn’t end up very well, suggest that he take up a sport that you like…..Convince him that Window Shopping is good for the legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment