Friday, February 21, 2014

Bienvenue en France

Bonjour! 
 
The girls travelled to France for their February co-op class. While I’m not too fond of traveling outside of the Continental US, France is one country that I’d L-O-V-E to visit so that I could see just how lovely Paris is. While I enjoy the comforts of home, I love to explore places that are not familiar to me and learn about how others lives and about their culture.
 France is known for its beautiful architecture and artwork. The girls learned about the Palace of Versailles and the beautiful stained glass windows that adorn the Chapels.
 
For their craft they made their own stained glass windows using crayon shavings. The shavings were placed and closed up onto a piece of wax paper and then ironed to melt the shavings. The wax paper was then covered up with a cut out that looked like a window frame.
 So creative!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment