Thursday, January 23, 2014

Preparing for New Adventures

It’s been nice to have some wintery weather in 2014. If my memory serves me correctly, we haven’t had much of a winter in the past few years. I remember as a girl spending many days outside in the cold building snowmen and finding some hill to slide down. My parents had one of those old cast iron stoves in the family room and when we would come in the house with snowballs stuck to our wool gloves, we’d let them drop on the stop of the stove and watch them immediately sizzle and melt.

When our school let out yesterday, the kids made a mad dash for the back door with their snowsuits on. They grabbed a few sleds and sled till their hearts content. By the time they came back in the house they had turned into snowgirls with their pink cheeks and frozen noses.

Just a few days before all this snow fell, the weather had warmed up real nice, so the hubby and I had a chance to go over to the site where we’re putting our next house to mark off the area for our driveway and house location. The piece of property that will soon become our next home used to be a pine tree farm. The entire piece of property is covered with tall pine trees. They look like skinny skycsrapers soaring overhead when you look up at the sky. There are so many trees that cover the land, when it’s sunny the rays peak through the treetops.
 

To prepare for the timber company to come and clear trees off of our property, we had to mark the boundaries for the house location and driveway. You would think that it would be easy to mark a bunch of trees, but for someone like me who is directionally challenged this proved to be a very difficult task.
 
Everywhere I seemed to turn on the property, everything looked the same! All pine trees seem to look identical. It’s like one big maze. Thankfully, my hubby has a mind that like a map. He knows the property like the back of his hand. As I tried my best to keep up behind him, tying orange markers around trees I found myself getting distracted at envisioning what it will be like to make a new home there. I took notice of all the pretty holly which will be great for the kids and I to go out and pick to decorate the new house for Christmas. It was also so very peaceful and quiet there. I'm looking forward to the new adventures God has for us in this new place!
 

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful! I looooove all the trees - very picturesque and my dream home has a long driveway lined with tall trees :-) So happy for yall and can't wait to see the progress and finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its been a sloooowww progress, but God is faithful. In HIS time.

    ReplyDelete