Friday, November 8, 2013

A Great Read

One of my favorite past times is curling up with a really good book and getting lost in it. While at the library a few weeks ago, I happened upon this book...

"Her Mother's Hope" by Francine Rivers



and, I'm so glad that I found it. The author has a pretty inspiring testimony. You can read it here, http://francinerivers.com/about.

Rivers is a really good storyteller. There's nothing like picking up a book and having a hard time putting it down.

I've actually read through this book and am reading the conclusion to the long story with the book, "Her Daughter's Dream". When I worked the only time that I really got the chance to curl up with a book was on vacation and I would push myself to finish it all before we would return home. Its nice to have the opportunity to have some time to spare here and there each day and on the weekends to read.

Many of the characters in Rivers' books go through tumultuous life experiences. What's inspiring is how they triumph and over periods of suffering and pain, they come to know Christ. The author explains in her own biography that the stories that she writes reflect her journey in coming to know Christ.

If you're looking for an inspirational book that will catch your attention and won't let go until the end, this is a good find...

I'm told that all of her books are just as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment