Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Another Year Younger

I turned 34 on Sunday.

A friend asked me if I felt old and I happily replied, "not this year, ask me again next year".

There's something about reaching 35 that I think will make me feel as though I'm getting older only because then I'll be just 5 years away from 40. I know they say that 30 is the "new 20" and 40 is the "new 30". Maybe that is all is all true.

For now, I'll continue to still feel young in my early 30s... teehee.

I'm still opening my birthday gift... my 3 kids.

As I relish in the blessing that God has granted me in my children, its like opening a birthday gift that keeps giving everyday. Yes, there are of course those moments when one sister can't help but annoy the other sister and it seems my day is full of resolving their sisterly quarrels, the moments of giggles, neck-hugs, and "I love you Mommies" outweigh every frustration that I have as a Mom.

I smiled to myself just the other day as the girls washed their own hair and packed their own clothes as they headed off to Grandma's house. They are growing up so fast those little two girls.

Its nice saying I'm a Mom of 3.

I don't feel older and I don't feel like a mother of 3 either. Before becoming a Mom of 3, when I thought about a Mom with 3 kids you think of someone with their hands full of activity and not able to do anything without a kid on their hip. Some say that when you have 2 you can divide and conquer with both parents, but when you have 3 you're outnumbered. Well, with my mini-me mommies, I sometimes feel like a first time Mom.

My oldest just washed her first load of laundry all by herself and she was excited about it. It was just divine to think that I can just hand off the laundry and someone else will do it! (we're still working on the put away and hang up task)

What else can I teach and then unload on them?

No comments:

Post a Comment