Wednesday, February 11, 2015

According to Plan - Giving Thanks

On Monday, February 9th, we spent our first night in our home.

As time has passed since we've sold our first home, embarked into homeschooling as we're in our 2nd year, and welcomed our son into our family, we've reached home.

Our home of second chances.

In the week prior to our first night activity moved rapidly on our property as God blessed us with dry weather. The Excavator was able to complete the drain field and installation of the septic system as this was the last and final work needed in order for us to receive our occupancy permit. 

It feels a bit surreal to be in our home, together again, in our own place. I didn't expect to feel a sense of awkwardness in the first few days of living in the house. After having to share a space for an extended period of time, I'm realizing that there will be an adjustment period. I know that in time having our own place again will feel normal.  It is a welcoming sort of awkwardness that warms my heart to put my girls to bed in their own bedrooms again, to be able to decorate and adorn our counters with our personal pictures, and to feel the peace and comfort that a personal space brings.

I've been brimming over with praise and thankfulness as I've reflected daily over God's provision in this journey. While my emotions have known deep valleys and high peaks throughout his process, God has been the One who has remained steady, faithful, and my strength.


In the highs, the lows, the easy times, and the hard.
We ought to give Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment