Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Snowy Pines

To celebrate our first big snow in our home, we embarked on a family adventure the day after 8 or so inches of snow fell. The kids all piled onto the back of the 4-wheeler and bundled up so they wouldn't get cold, and their Dad meandered through the woods on the hunting trails so that we could see the snow that had fallen in our woods. As the snow came down amidst the pine trees in our woods, the scene was breathtaking. To be surrounded among pine trees is like having skyscraper-sized, thin giants guarding you. They stand so tall and on windy days, though their trunks stand still, their tops sway back and forth reminding us of their existence. On part of our property there is a pond that has been created by our neighborly beavers. We found it all frozen over. It was so peaceful there. If I had a park bench down there and a fire going I could have sat there for hours. Since I had neither, I snapped a few pictures that I could take back up to the house and gaze at later from the warmth of my home.

 
The Home of Our Neighborly Beavers
 
 
 




 
Snowy Pines
 

No comments:

Post a Comment