Thursday, September 19, 2013

Recipe to share

My girlfriends used to always share recipes when they found one that they/their family enjoyed.  Its been a while since I've had the opportunity to search out and try a new recipe that I could share.

I had several pork chops sitting in the freezer that I had been wondering what I could do to jazz them up. Grilling them would be a bore, so I found this Oven Fried Pork Chop recipe.

I've made oven fried recipes before and the crust would always fall off. This time the crust stayed on and the chops were tasty!

Ingredients:
4 pork chops trimmed
2 tablespoons butter melted
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix

(I used italian bread crumbs for the stuffing mix and dipped the chops in flour before dipping in the eggs)

Directions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).

Pour butter into a 9x13 inch baking pan.

Stir together egg, milk and pepper.

Dip pork chops in egg mixture, coat with stuffing mix and place in pan.Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.

Turn chops and bake for another 10 minutes, or until no pink remains in the meat and juices run clear


...should work for chicken as well =)


2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. What is that in the white dish??? I'm hungry!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's homemade macaroni-n-cheese! I learned to make it from my Mommy's kitchen. Its a simple recipe...

    Mom's mac-n-cheese:
    noodles (1/2 box of elbow macaroni)
    sharp cheddar cheese (1/2 of a large bag)
    flour (1 cup)
    milk (1 1/2 cup)
    salt & pepper
    butter (2 table spoons)

    - boil the noodles
    - pour noodles in casserole pan and mix with melted butter, flour, cheese, salt & pepper
    - pour in milk until it looks soupy (if you don't pour in enough milk it will come out dry)
    - bake on 375 degrees for ~45 mins (until it has thickened and browned on top)

    ReplyDelete