Wednesday, August 21, 2013

40 Years of Love...

My parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary by renewing their wedding vows at the end of July. It was a really beautiful event.


To see them walk down the aisle together, in love as ever, just made me blush and be so proud to call them my Mom and Dad. I get my sense of affection from them I know this to be true.
When I was in school my friends would tease me after seeing my parents out in the mall together walking hand in hand like school age sweethearts. It was a wonderful example of true love within a marriage as I grew up. That's all I knew as a child in regards to what a marriage should look like and for that I'm grateful because it laid a desire in my heart to love and cherish someone in the same way with boldness and without fear of what others may think.






My hubby and I celebrated 13 years together on August 19th. Every year that our anniversary rolls around I relish in the fact that it feels like I just got married yesterday. I love that man with that giddy feeling that makes you blush just as I did 13 years ago. He and I have grown and matured together over the years - in mind, body, and spiritually together as we've strived - together - to grow closer to the Lord as husband and wife. This spiritual growth that we've had together has deepened our understanding of who we are in Christ. and, I have to say he's even more handsome because of His love for God.

Marriage is a beautiful thing...

At Firebirds for our 13th Anniversary Dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment