Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Book Series Suggestion

Being in the house has fueled my love for reading and led me to take in some great books. Lynn Austin has been most recent, favorite author.

A few months ago I finished a series of her books centered around the time of the Civil War. I gobbled up the entire series of books in a few short months because they were so well written. Lynn does a beautiful job in all of her books making the characters come alive and she has a way of drawing out the emotions and personalities of the characters to the point that as the reader you feel as if you either know them or want to get to know them.



The Refiner's Fire series is definitely also one that will inspire a heart for the Lord and His Word. I found myself crying at some point in all three of the books in this series, Candle in the Darkness, A Fire By Night, and A Light to My Path and folding over pages where such poignant messages are shared so that I can go back and re-read to be inspired again and again. I've been reading many of Lynn Austin books this year and I'm amazed that each one is uniquely different and uniquely captivating.


I usually go to the library as my primary source for my personal reads, but with them being closed I've been using online used bookstores like ThriftBooks and AbeBooks.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment