Monday, December 8, 2014

Thankfulness.

I have so much to be thankful for and not just because the Thanksgiving holiday has just passed us by. It has seemed to pass by so quickly that this blog entry, which I started typing in November, has sat in my DRAFT box until December. Oh well. Better late than ever. It's my heart's desire to maintain a spirit of gratefulness and thankfulness everyday. Not just in the month of November. In the midst of "living", it can be challenging to sustain an upbeat spirit of thankfulness, but with God its possible.

I'm thankful for the gift of salvation, for my family, and the Lord's daily provision. I turned 35 just a few days before Thanksgiving. One of the enjoyments of being born around the Thanksgiving holiday is having the reminder to be thankful as I grow older.

I'm also thankful to report that progress continues to be made on our home. The second floor is shaping up as all the rooms have been framed up and the builder prepares to hang drywall. We've been having a lot of "quality family time" together in Lowe's and Home Depot as we've picked out appliances, fans, paint colors, etc. As this year draws to a close it is bittersweet to think back to my first blog entry back in November 2012 when I rambled about the thoughts and feelings stirring within. I knew then that God was driving me towards a change, but I didn't know how to get to the place where He was leading. In hindsight, I didn't need to know the details. He promises in His Word that what He begins in us, He will complete. As He works within us, changing us from one degree of grace to another, He desires that we surrender life to Him. To simply trust Him, no matter what life circumstances we find ourselves in.
 
~ One day at time, with thankful hearts, a submissive spirit, and praise always on our lips ~
 
Image Source

 

No comments:

Post a Comment