Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A New Hobby Patch

I have added a new patch to my Hobby Vest. Up until about a year ago my only patch was the Book Reading patch for my love of reading. When people would ask me, "What do you like to do in your spare time?". Well, the only hobby I could think of was reading. Maybe that's because until leaving the career world behind, there wasn't much time for me to discover any other hobbies. I'm happy to share that I've gained a new patch that I'm going to sew next to my Book Reading and Kniting patch... Wreath Making!


It's sort of strange to think that I arranged a wreath because I'm not the crafty type with my hands. Most crafters that I know are very meticulous and careful as they paint, create, and arrange crafty things into wonderful masterpieces. I'm more of the just-quickly-put-it-together-and-be-done-with-it sort of crafter. I did do my research for this wreath. I perused the pinterest boards and found several wreaths that I liked and then sketched a design that I liked. I'm delving into the burlap wreaths as well and will post them as the inspiration comes!

If you're interested in putting together your own twig wreath, the materials that I used consisted of:

- a twig wreath (you can find at your local craft store)
- a hot glue gun
- light-weight floral wire
- artificial flowers specific to the color scheme you choose
- brown burlap ribbon
- monogramed letter 'J' came from the Michael's craft store
- acrylic paint in the color you choose to paint the monogramed letter

No comments:

Post a Comment