Wednesday, December 24, 2014

According to Plan - Hupomone

In my efforts to continue the According to Plan series documenting our house construction, I wanted to ensure that I provide an update before Christmas. Our intentions, and plans were to see the construction come to a close in time for Christmas. Folks have been cheering us on to be able to have our first night in the house before the clock strikes midnight in 2014, and break bread finally at our own dinner table, and be able deck our own halls this Christmas.

While this was in our plans and in the hopes of many others, it wasn't exactly God's plan. At least not this Christmas.

This Christmas, the Lord wants us to Hupomone.
Hupomone is Greek for,
To be Patient.
To Wait.
To Endure.

While the inclement weather delayed varying aspects of construction, God has not been delayed. The title of this series has been "According to Plan" - God's Plan that is. Though we're not seeing the final culmination of our home in 2014, God is asking us to not swerve in our faith, knowing that all things work together for our good.

Ok, so no Christmas in the house this year. So, what now? What can we do while we wait?

Hupomone,
Remain steadfast in prayer,
&
 offer up Praise for what HAS been done. 

I praise the Lord that the drywall, and all the interior painting has been completed. All the external siding has been completed. The location for the septic system has been cleared away and made ready for its installation. We have electricity and can now walk through the house in the evenings and at night without running into walls. Fans and lighting have been installed. The well was successfully dug and the water that they reached over 600 feet in the ground was plentiful.

Several years ago, if I was told that I'd be where I am today, out of our first home, homeschooling, and nearing the closure on a second home, I'd gasped and stare at you in shock.
I praise the Lord that everything that has happened has been His will for us, as He's training me up in patience and dependence on Him. He's granting us a second chance as a family to walk in the financial freedom from being bound to a home in the past that required a dual income home. He has blessed me to walk in the freedom of serving my children at home and through this second chance I'm experiencing joy, peace, and the Lord's Grace.
But as for me, I will hope continually,
And will praise You yet more and more.
Psalm 71:14

No comments:

Post a Comment