Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Routine...Once Again.

Since the closing its been nice that we've slowly gotten back into a family routine and the routine doesn't include packing a moving box, cleaning, or moving something into storage. We're adjusting to living in a smaller, more cozy space at my in-laws.

The kids new routine includes them getting in the pool every evening. My oldest started out years ago afraid to let water get on her face and now she's becoming our little family fish.


We caught Monster's University the other day and it was really, really good. It was very funny. Its amazing how the movie makers make the kid movies so entertaining for the parent too. We indoctrinated Grandma into our new favorite movie snack that's not popcorn... nachos & cheese! yum!

 
 
As we draw near into August, I've begun planning for my transition home from work. I've spread the news around and have set my last day for 23 August. What's been neat about sharing the news are the other working moms reactions. Several were moved to tears at the thought of me being able to come home fulltime and one mentioned that she'd vicariously live through my experience to be able to homeschool. So, I guess everyone doesn't think that I'm all that bonkers!! I think there's a deep seated yearning in every mother for more time with their children however they are able to manage and juggle their schedule. Mainstream society has set a tone for women "having it all", but the struggle is finding that balance and being at peace.
 
My prayer is that every Mom finds that place of balance and peace. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment