Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Journey Begins

On today, 17 July 2013, one door closes and another door opens for us. After 4 amendments to our settlement contract on the house, we went to closing.

By the time it was amended for the 2nd and then 3rd time I finally relented and in my heart and mind "let go and let God" with the whole closing. Each time that I found myself getting discouraged and wondering if the settlement would ever happen, God would remind me over and over of His power and control of all things. It's frustrating to battle with your own flesh to control and manage your emotions when the visible things that are happening seem to be contrary to what you're praying and hoping for. When we find ourselves in these situations we should not place our hope (and allow our emotions to be controlled) by what we see. Instead we must place our hope in God...again and again and again.

I knew each time that we experienced what seemed as a setback, God was driving us to just wait, have faith, and trust.

I kept one daily bread devotional in my email inbox so that I could refer to it when I needed reminding me that God's timing is always perfect.

While everything may not always happen when we want it to, I thank God that I serve a God who always knows what His daugter needs and He provides at the right time.

http://odb.org/2012/10/04/timing-is-everything/

No comments:

Post a Comment