Friday, November 4, 2016

An Inspiration of Faith

I get inspired by the faith of other believers. 

When they demonstrate an ability to trust God, no matter the odds or the difficult circumstances before them, I am encouraged. I am moved and I am motivated to walk in obedience to God's call on my life.
I’ve written in the past about how Joni Eareakson Tada and Katie Davis have inspired me. Their stories have moved me and filled me with such an awe of how God has worked in their life and how they’ve walked in obedience to what He’s called them to do. They each have very different stories. One, living life with a disability and yet she’s used her life to bring God glory. The other sacrificed her youth to give of herself to a people in need of love and the gospel. They both have lived selfless lives being a light for Christ and serving Him in very unique ways.

They inspire me.
I happened upon another woman one day while on Instagram that grabbed at my heart strings and wouldn’t let go. As I first looked at pictures of this woman, her husband, and family, I was taken back at how beautiful this family was and the love that you could see in their eyes for each other. I later learned that this woman had just recently become a widow and her handsome husband, who she writes so deeply about was taken from her suddenly, leaving her with 3 beautiful boys.

What inspired me most about Brittany was, despite her tragic loss, she takes life one day at a time with her Savior. She doesn’t live life begrudgingly or bitter; instead she rejoices through the pain and sorrow and gives God glory for the time she had with her husband and Father of her children. In the midst of the pain she openly shares about her reliance upon God solely to sustain her now as a widow. He is her Jehovah-Jireh, her provider.
Brittany inspires me to rely on the Lord in a way that another human being can’t be depended upon because, well, they’re human. My Mother in law shared a quote with me today that said, “Lord, the next time I look to some person, thing, or idea to complete me, draw my eyes to You instead.” This is the life of a Christian. To take up their cross daily and follow the Lord, wherever He leads and depend upon Him for our every need. Joni, Katie, Brittany, they strive to live in such a way that God is glorified in their life regardless of the circumstances that face them.

May we be such a people who inspires others by our walk, our obedience, and our faith.
(To read more about Brittany’s story, visit here)

No comments:

Post a Comment