Thursday, June 11, 2015

Summer Break'n

We are officially celebrating summer around these parts and it's a nice change from our regular, school routine. Since our big move to the great, pine tree wooded outdoors, we've been enjoying being outside so much more. Nature has a way of slowing life down and reminding us that the world does not revolve around television shows, commercials, and the latest happenings on the news. We've been eating up the summer days thus far simply with, family time.

 
I've also taken it upon myself to rededicate time in my day to a regular workout regimen that started out in early May with a walk and run routine in the early morning and bike rides. Getting up as the sun rises has given me the motivation that I needed to stay committed now for over a month at working out. The kids have been motivators as well as they enjoy bike rides too. I have a hard time telling them no when they ask to go out for a spin.
 
 
 
Yes, our days have been filled with family time, exercising, and yard work! With the countless number of dry, warm days after months and months of cold, wet weather, we have been eagerly awaiting the opportunity to plant seed and watch our grass grow. The hubby has also been earning brownie points putting in our sidewalk and setting up the flower beds.
 
 
The last adventure that has been filling our summer days is cooking. I haven't really dabbled into many new recipes, but my girls have been keeping my kitchen dirty. I honestly don't mind the dirty dishes when I don't have to cook the meal. My oldest continues to have a passion for cooking and baking. Here, with the help of her sister-sous-chef, she whipped up pan seared chicken, loaded diced potatoes, and brown sugar green beans. All without my help! I'm so thankful there's another cook in our house. I need to incorporate her more into my meal planning, especially during these summer months so that I can officially have a summer break!

No comments:

Post a Comment