Friday, November 21, 2014

God's Riches At Christ Expense

Image Source
Over the past six weeks or so I’ve been studying about God’s grace in the study, “Lord, I Need Your Grace to Make it Today” by Kay Arthur. Up until taking this study I understood God’s grace to be, unmerited favor. Something I did not deserve. I considered this favor to show up as “the good things” in life that I experience from one day to the next. While this is true, as I’ve dug a little deeper I’m learning that grace is more complex than “good things happening”. It’s wider, deeper, and much more multifaceted than I could have ever imagined.

It’s God’s grace that sustains me every second, minute, and hour of the day. His grace shows up in my salvation in the forgiveness of sins when I didn't deserve it, sanctification as He changes me from one degree of grace to another, and preservation as He keeps me in a state of grace as His child. Grace is a powerful gift in that it enables us to withstand life's difficulties as God makes Himself known in us and through us. God's grace has covered a myriad of sins in my past and its depths cover every sin I will ever commit until I go home to be with the Lord in Heaven. Every day that I wake up and feel an ounce of hopelessness about my inabilities to do what is required of me as a wife and mother, I can count on God’s grace being sufficient. It will enable me to “survive” the day and then there will be more grace for the next day’s journey. Life and its struggles can be intimidating, but God’s grace is abundant, it’s enough, and its abounding for those that love and serve the Lord.
Image Source

No comments:

Post a Comment