Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Firsts.

Is been a long time since I've updated my blog with the latest "happenings" in my family. I'll update through pictures. A picture is worth a thousands words, right?

We've had several firsts.
 
Lea rode her first upside down roller coaster.


 
The girls went on their first camping trip.

 
The little guy took his first steps and was very happy about it.



I'm knitting my first hat.
 I still have to learn how to "decrease" in knitting so that I can knit the top close.
 


In school we've been repeating the following:

Eat.
Sleep.
School.
Repeat.  

Lots of reading, writing, crunching numbers, and more reading. The girls continue to be very receptive to the changes in their school curriculum. The books that they've been reading with the Sonlight curriculm have been so interesting to them that I've caught them sharing what they're learning to family and friends. I don't recall this happening during our first year very much. They just bring up facts over dinner or on car rides. I've even caught them sharing facts with friends when having casual conversations. It makes me smile to know that they're enjoying what they're learning and they are retaining what they're learning, not because of rote learning but from simple enjoyment of the material.


Frog Cycle of Life via Clay Creation


No comments:

Post a Comment