Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A New Man

There’s this guy that I know and he’s sort of stolen my heart. You wouldn’t think he’s my type. Short, chunky, and he has minor drooling problem. I think he’ll grow out of it though. He’s always stealing my attention with his bright eyes and can give just the right look that melts my heart.

I lose count when I try to think of the number of Moms that expressed to me the unique bond they share with their son. It’s one of those things that is very hard to put into words. It’s like trying to describe seeing your first Hawaiian sunset or your first massage. The sun doesn’t just set in Hawaii. It sort of melts into the ocean in a cascade of colors while being blanketed with an aroma of plumeria flowers and citrus. A massage just isn’t like rubbing on a muscle relaxer. It’s like stepping into a time machine that transports every muscle in your body to a place where little oompa loopa men run on your muscles like a treading machine. Those descriptions don’t even express those experiences well, but I tried. 

It’s the same with becoming a mother of a son. There is this second man now in this road trip called life (my husband taking shot gun) that has grabbed my heart by both valves and is squeezing more love out of me. While you think that with each child you exert just about all the love you can muster up, you DO create more love with each child. It comes in the birth packaging with the love handles, arm flaps, and thigh jelly.
As kids grow older it’s a shame how their sinful nature rears its ugly head and all the Heavenly-sweetness that they were wrapped in wears off. Until it does wear off, I’m going to drink in as much mushy, gushy, new sweet baby smellin’, fat cheeks & neck rolls, and bedtime snuggling that I can.

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Enjoy it while you can as it goes by waaayyy too fast! :o)
    -Denise

    ReplyDelete