Monday, December 3, 2012

Praise Him in the Uncertain Times

I praise God that I was able to get away this morning and sneak a peek at my little ones while they were at school. I felt a little nudge this morning while getting dressed for work to visit in on their Chapel service and I received just the encouragement I needed. After taking them to the bus I got back home to tidy up and noticed that my oldest at left her binder for school. That was all the confirmation I needed to head to the school so that I could give her the binder and attend Chapel service. The topic of the main lesson was on prayer. The message centered on the attitude of the Magi when they lavished gifts upon the baby Jesus. Scriptures says they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy when as they saw the star while heading to Bethlehem. And, in that same manner we should rejoice with great joy when we come to the Father in prayer whether we are confessing our sins, petitioning him on specific prayers, and as we praise Him. This should be the attitude of our heart.
When times are uncertain it may not come as naturally to praise God, but the Bible commands us to do so. Rejoice always, again I say rejoice! It helps our mind from focusing on the problem as we instead focus on the Lord Jesus.
As I sat in that Chapel service and sung Christmas songs about the birth of Christ and my oldest peered back at me and smiled with joy knowing that I was there to rejoice in the Lord with her my heart rejoices at the little gifts that God gives me each day as a Mother. As I rejoiced in my children today I imagined the joy that filled the Father’s heart as He looked down on His son the day He was born.
There were certainly uncertain days ahead for Mary and Joseph but they all still rejoiced. To God be the glory for the things He has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment