Monday, December 3, 2012

Glimmers of Hope

On Sunday at Church we had a prayer session and for the first time I felt encouraged to open up to my Church family about our plans to sell our home and homeschool the kids. I knew that I’d cry. It’s difficult to talk about my kids and my desire to be home with them without crying. I felt a sense of relief in sharing the prayer request. It was as if I was unloading my burden on others to carry to the Father and that felt good. It’s nice to know that there are other believers praying.
Our agent called me on my birthday to let us know that an agent wanted to bring someone by to see the house. So, we cleaned up that night to have the house all ready and left the lights on, on Sunday. But, during Church I received a message that they were not going to come by.
We’ve received these “glimmers of hope” since listing the house on the market 01 September 2012 and initially I was confused by what was happening. For ~ 5 years I’ve struggled with understanding how God was working within my heart regarding His plan for me as a mother. And, now that we’ve finally come to the realization that He’s calling me home to homeschool and we’ve listed the house, do we have to go through a season of waiting? I didn’t see this coming. Oh, that’s right..I’m not God and can’t see into the future!
For now I’ll hold onto these glimmers of hope as a sign of God’s Hand in the Process and I’ll meditate on what I know to be true of my Lord and Savior. My God is a loving and kind Savior who tells me,
 For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.

Regardless of how things seem to be materializing around you, when the Creator of Heaven and Earth says He has a plan for you, it’s a good plan. So, rest in the hope of what He has for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment