Thursday, August 27, 2015

School Time

Lea - 4th Grade
It's a new school year and we're drawing to the end of our first week of school. This year I have a 4th grader, a 6th grader, a toddling almost two year old, and my 10th grader that joined us back in January. We had a sweet first week of school, breaking in our new schoolroom in the basement and adjusting to our new surroundings. I selected the Sonlight Curriculum for a second year for the girls after having such an enjoyable year last year in the subjects of History, Reading, Science, and Writing Composition. I've actually stuck with the same curriculum selections for grammar and vocabulary as well as the girls were very receptive to the selections from last year. If ain't broke, don't fix it! (excuse the sloppy grammar)

My 10th grader is breaking away from the pack this year, working more independently in all subjects in his own space in the dining room. We're trying out a new schedule for him as I plan to develop his own schedule each week that he can separately work on each day. He works with me one-on-one in Math, as I teach him varying Math concepts, and he works independently on practice problems for reinforcement.
Love - 6th Grade



The goal for my toddler is just to keep him busy while he's underfoot, doing his toddlin-thing while we do school. God has been so overwhelmingly gracious to me as Trey still takes two naps in the day, which allows me the opportunity to have long, quiet, uninterrupted stretches of time with the kids for certain subjects that require my undivided attention.

This place that God has brought me didn't come easy. The journey was long and challenging in that the path wasn't handed to me in a step-by-step book. We've arrived here simply on faith. God burned a desire within my heart, and he developed a fuel of faith to take a step one day at a time to realize what He had planned before I was ever created.


No day is easy, but everyday is a blessing. As my girls mature and grow, God is cultivating a friendship through our relationships as Mother and Daughter. I can't put a price tag on the moments that we get together, our hidden jokes, our silly moments, or the times that we're blessed to reconcile matters in a loving way when conflicts arise (we get lots of opportunities to practice reconciliation!). God is faithful and His love for His children is evident in the way He blesses a heart that desires to honor Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment