Thursday, May 30, 2013

Another Book Review

I have another book to reflect on that is a FANTASTIC addition to any Mom's library of resources.
I picked this one up at the Lifeway Christian Store while I was in pursuit of a different resource. I went to the bookstore on a "mission" for a little booklet that contained a series of sermons by John MacArthur entitled, "The Fulfilled Family". You can find these sermons on his Grace to You website at, http://www.gty.org/resources/sermon-series/52/the-fulfilled-family. But, I couldn't find the booklet so I continued on my mission for another great resource to read along with my Bible regarding God's expectations for the family and more importantly for a Mother.

I happened upon "The Mission of Motherhood" by Sally Clarkson.. I thought, "Well, I wonder what this author has to say about a mother's mission and more importantly is it aligned with scripture?". I purused the book for a bit and found myself not wanting to put it down. That's a good indication of a good read.
This one is definitely a keeper. Its one book that I found myself truly convicted and desiring to read and re-read portions over and over again to make sure that it was sinking in my head. It pulls together all of the scriptures found in the Word regarding God's expectation for a Mother and how those differences stand so far apart from mainstream society. Given the conflict between the Bible and the world's way, its comforting to read from an author that speaks boldly, confidently, and clearly about what God desires of a mother's heart.

I don't want to give away too much on the book, so I'll just stop there and encourage everyone to grab their own copy, a cup of coffee, and get cozy in your favorite chair as you ponder and reflect on God's mission of the Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment