Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Growth

Our second year of school is drawing to a close. We exhaled after our week of testing and then later rejoiced over how well the girls performed on their tests. It’s amazing that our second year of homeschool has come and gone! Just yesterday it seemed that I was canvasing the internet, googling the words, “how to homeschool”. I can still remember the flutter of butterflies in my stomach at the thought of spending my every waking moment with my children and standing before them to teach concepts that I hadn’t seen since grade school. The fears were very real back then, but was so my God.

With each wakeful night that I found myself staring up at my bedroom ceiling pondering over what the years ahead would be like as a “homeschool Mom”, God was my constant strength, my rock, the one thing that remained steady and firm in my journey. When others questioned, “why do it?” the only question from God seemed to be, “why not?”
The girls continue to learn, grow, and thrive in this home environment where we just happened to do school. While there is lots of growing going inside the walls of our home, there is some growth outdoors as well!
Yes, there is much more than dirt and trees outside my windows these days. About a week ago, our Excavator completed grading our yard, which prepared our land for grass seed. Our ground is now beginning to compliment the beautiful, whispering pines in the surrounding woods. We’re also laying out our sidewalk and preparing to fill up our flower beds.

The past few months have surely been a time of growth as God has been faithful to provide for us as we seek to honor Him. We’re looking forward to summer days. We won’t tread too far from the world of education as we continue math drills, reading, and  maybe even a little science in the summer, but we’ll work in some much needed mental rest too.

No comments:

Post a Comment