Saturday, August 16, 2014

Adventuring Into Our 2nd School Year

It’s a new year of school for us! Our first week seemed to just fly by. The girls eased into things each day fairly easy and without grumbling and complaining. I am praising the Lord for their attitude towards school as I do not take that for granted one minute. I suspect their delightful attitudes may be from the familiarity of routine from us continuing with school to a certain degree throughout the summer and from the changes in some areas of our curriculum this year. 

As I mentioned in this previous post, we're delving into the Sonlight curriculum this year. While the structure of how Sonlight is executed is not drastically different from how we did school last year, there IS a lot of structure and pre-planning provided through the material that is being taught as topics are pulled together like a unit study. This year we're singing during Bible time, reading engaging, living books, watching videos that demonstrate science activities (before we do the activity/experiment so that we don't mess it up), and there are a lot of sensory materials available like maps and timelines that allows the girls to visualize as they learn. I'm thankful that God brought us through our first year and I'm trusting that He will guide us through our second.

My 5th Grader

 
My 3rd Grader

 
 Here's to another year!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment