Wednesday, August 28, 2013

All about Love


Love had her first violin lesson on Tuesday.
 
 

Similar to myself when she gets into something new, she likes to immerse herself in all things that have anything to do with the subject. When she first asked if she could take on the violin and her Father and I started to discuss it, it seemed that all she could think about was violins! She visited her violin teacher’s website and read up on the “Suzuki” method that her teacher will use for her lessons. She also found the website of the violin shop in Richmond and read up on what they have available. When we visited the library she spent an hour or so looking up violin books to check out. She ended up settling on a violin mystery book.

My Love enjoys art. One day she whipped out a canvas, found a violin picture online and sketched a violin scene to later be painted.  The funniest thing that she did in her violin pursuit has to do with her fingernails. I never really considered that fact that long fingernails get in the way of strumming the strings, but her teacher told her one Sunday how she’s never been able to really grow out her nails. So, that afternoon my Love proceeded to bite off all of her fingernails so that if, when she ever got to a violin she’d be ready! So funny…

My Love has been a character since birth. Today she was a 1-woman actress, portraying the characters from a literature snippet and poem that she read today.
 
Where on earth does she get her ways from??? I wonder…

 
This makes me relish in the fact that God made each of us unique in our very own ways. Not one of us are alike and God blesses us with talents and gives that we can use to honor God. It is my prayer that as my children grow they will use their uniqueness for God’s glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment